It is one of the most respectable hotels in Minsk. At the beginning of the ХХ c. the hotel was rebuilt in the Art Nouveau style.
In February 1918, the headquarters of the Minsk Extraordinary Commission, as well as the governing organizations of the Western Region and the front, were in the hotel building. On February 19, 1918, the Belarusian departments under the leadership of lieutenantt Kastuś Jezavitaŭ, the commandant of Minsk, ousted the Bolsheviks from the building and occupied it, and also took control of the switch station. This success allowed the Executive Committee of the Rada of the First All-Belarusian Congress to leave the underground and proclaim on February 21, 1918 the First Constituent Charter to the peoples of Belarus. This charter stated that the Rada takes control of the authorities in Belarus on the basis of the powers given by the First All-Belarusian Congress.
The building of the hotel «Europe» was destroyed during the Second World War and rebuilt in its former place at the beginning of the 21st century.