Today, the building of the Drama Theater, built in 1984, is located here. However, until then there was a building of the Bernardine monastery here.
The Bernardine monastery was built in 1618 in the Baroque style with the money of Hieranim Valovič. Since 1854, the Bernardine monastery was transfigured into the Orthodox Barys and Hlieb Monastery. It is here, in the monastery walls, that the Belarusian life in Horadnia continued to expand.
A children's shelter for girls was transported here to the monastery in 1915 from Krasnatok. Since April 1916, at the initiative of V. Lastoŭski and A. Luckievič, the first Belarusian school in Horadnia affiliated to the monastery was opened. 18-year-old Teklia Stanišeŭskaja and Aliaksandr Hrykoŭski, who sowed the seeds of Belarusianness until their untimely death from tuberculosis in 1919, were its teachers. Since 1917, the Viĺnia Belarusian charity “Zolak” took custody of the shelter, giving it a Belarusian character. For some time, the shelter was managed by Stanislava Bujlo, the full sister of the Belarusian poetess Kanstancyja Bujlo-Kaliečyc. Since the autumn of 1918, the first legal Belarusian organization in Horadnia– Communication of the Cultural and National Revival of Belarus – was located here. Aliaksandr Hrykoŭski, Janka Natusievič, Andrej Jakubiecki, Lukaš Dziekuć-Maliej and others were among the activists of the organization. Soon, the organization changed its name to the Horadnia Belarusian National Committee and began to protect the rights of Belarusians. At different times the monastery building was the site of activity of the Belarusian Teacher’s Rada (Council), the secretariat of the Belarusian Embassy Club, the Belarusian School Shelter Rada, the Belarusian Committee for Assistance to War Victims, the Belarusian bookshop and the department of the Belarusian Institute of Economics and Culture.
After the proclamation of the BNR, there was a children's shelter here, which was cared for by Lukaš Dziekuć-Maliej and his future wife Sierafima Kiška. Many Belarusian figures repeatedly stayed in the monastery cells. On holidays a white-red-white flag was often flown over the gates of the monastery.